If you’d like to receive the HOT|COOL magazines for free, simply sign up for our Hot Cool newsletter, and it will be delivered to your inbox.
You can also visit us here on our website where we frequently publish all the articles in a mobile-friendly version.
In this edition of Hot Cool:
- An editorial by Dr. Robin Wiltshire providing insights into the upcoming Global District Energy Climate Awards.
See the award winners here!
- Steen Schelle Jensen from Kamstrup delves into the significance of end-user involvement as the key to achieving green, reliable, and cost-effective district heating solutions.
- Peter Jorsal from Kingspan | Logstor introduces their innovative, flexible pipe system, Pertflextra, which is the outcome of Kingspan LOGSTOR’s involvement in the COOL DH development project.
- Volker Kienzlen from KEA-BW in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, and his co-authors share the success story of harnessing excess heat from a steel mill in Strasbourg-Kehl to supply district heating in both France and Germany, crossing borders in the process.
- Lastly, a comprehensive Danish project focused on addressing Legionella concerns in domestic hot water systems has resulted in the development and demonstration of three innovative solutions aimed at minimizing Legionella. Explore this project in detail through the work of Kaj L. Bryder, Teknologisk Institut, and his co-authors.