Industry meeting in Copenhagen with digitalisation as the main topic
The industry meeting, a collaboration between Grøn Energi and Fjernvarmeindustrien, took place yesterday.
The meeting was divided into two parts, part 1 taking place at Nordhavn. Here, the Nordhavn project was presented by project manager Christoffer Greisen, DTU. The project has been recognized for using the latest technological solutions to ensure green solutions for the residents of Nordhavn. Director Rasmus Theil from ABB presented their new battery, which supplies power to Hofor’s heat pump at the nearby cruise terminal. After the presentations, the participants were presented with a guided tour with 3 energy stops: the new heat pump system from Hofor; the new battery system from ABB; and a new innovative district heating station from Danfoss, supplied with ultra-low temperature district heating at 45°C.
Part 2 took place at the Danish Centre of Architecture at BLOX, with the theme: “What is the next step of district heating on the digital journey?” Digital technologies have the potential to make the entire district heating system more efficient, reliable and intelligent. How this process will take place was one of the big topics of the meeting.
Speakers and presentations:
• The digital transformation and the impact on the energy sector, Lars Frelle-Petersen, Director, DI – Dansk Industri
• The recommendations by the “Vækstteam” about access and use of consumer data, Brian Seeberg, Director, COWI
• From raw data to valuable data in district heating, Henrik Madsen, Professor, DTU
• The future data driven supply, Keld Forchhammer, CEO, Brunata
• How do the industry and the energy sector get in front with digitalisation?, Brian Mikkelsen
• The sigificance of data for optimisation of operation of district heating, Lars Goldschmidt, Vice Chairman, Dansk Fjernvarme
• Use of data in strategic, innovative energy planning, Elsebeth Arendt, District Heating Manager, AffaldVarme Aarhus
• Digitalisation and change of consumer settlements,Bjørk Paamand Olsen, Managing Director, Holte Fjernvarme
• The consumer and the digital transformation in the district heating sector, Martin Salamon, Chief Economist, Forbrugerrådet TÆNK
The meeting also included several networking sessions and breads, and was concluded by the evening and dinner event, which also took place at the colorful surroundings in BLOX.