- This event has passed.
Pittsburgh and Washington DC (USA) – District Heating and Cooling Tour 2021 – Date to be confirmed
Pittsburgh and Washington DC (USA) delegation trip to Denmark Q3
Pittsburgh and Washington DC Water, during a 5-day delegation trip in Q3 (depending on COVID-19 travel restrictions) wish to explore the Danish District Heating/Cooling expertise in various locations around Denmark.
Amongst other interests, the following areas are key to their visit:
- District energy as backbone for implementing integrated renewable energy
- How do you plan and implement for district energy (heating and cooling)?
- Affordable Housing
- Engaging private and public stakeholders
- Getting Green Transition into Policy development and urban land use tools
- City Recycling and Resource strategy
- Municipal Waste Management
- Other renewable energy sources
- Waste Heat Recovery
- Energy Storage
- City to City planning discussions of learnings and best practises
- Public Communication and Engagement of the city residents
- City budgeting for DE projects and climate action plan implementation
- Waste water DE systems
- Heat pumps DE systems
Significant representatives including City officials, contractors, university personnel, housing authorities, Sports and Exhibition Authority, Urban Redevelopment Authorities, Green Building Alliances and utilities are planning to attend.