- This event has passed.
Export promotion to Latvia
6. December 2016 - 7. December 2016
Export promotion to Latvia
In cooperation with the Latvian District Heating Association and the Danish Embassy in Latvia, DBDH has organised a 2-day export promotion visit to Riga, Latvia. The visit will take place December 6-7.
District heating in Latvia and especially Riga are well known and are still developing. This tour is an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest developments in Latvia and also to meet with some of the most important players in Latvian district heating, e.g., “Based on information from the Latvian Ministry of Economics, EU funds to support renovation and maintenance of the district heating systems in Latvia will constitute app. EUR 53.2 million”– please refer to Powerpoint details introducing the developments in Latvian district heating, including some background on Latvia.
Overview of program:
- December 6:
- Arrival in Riga in afternoon / evening
- Short briefing from Danish Embassy (TBC)
- December 6:
- Seminar at Danish Embassy “The Latvian-Danish District Heating Exchange 2016”
- Potential site visit to a local district heating company
- Dinner hosted by the Danish delegation – with invited guest from Latvia
- December 7:
- Site visits. Visit to 2 – 3 district heating companies for the Danish delegation.
- Departure from Riga
You are most welcome to suggest which sites is most relevant to meet with during December 7 and also your suggestion to whom to invite to the seminar will be appreciated.
Draft program for the seminar:
The seminar format will be a two-way dialog between the speakers and the participants. This will give you a great opportunity to be updated on the developments in district heating in Latvia and to meet with several Latvian district heating companies. The seminar will take place at the Danish Embassy. Program as of today:
- Welcome by Danish Ambassador, LDHA and DBDH
- Latvian Ministry on Energy and/or Latvian Ministry of Economics “Support for DH today and tomorrow in Latvia”
- LHDA “Role of DH in Latvia – a look into the future and presentation of today status”
- Introduction to Danish participants – short presentation of each company
- Presentation from Danish DH company – status and future plans
- Presentation from 1 or 2 Latvian DH companies – status and future plans
- Networking and match making
Looking forward to a valuable tour to Latvia!
Riga hosted a two-day seminar with focus on market possibilities within energy efficiency in Latvia, an event that was organized by the Danish Embassy in Riga in cooperation with DBDH.
The export promotion counted with the participation of eight Danish companies Grundfos, DESMI Pumping Technology, Moe, Frichs, Kamstrup, LOGSTOR, Atcho Engineering and Høje Taastrup District Heating.
Both the Danish delegation and the Latvian companies showed great interest in running brainstorm ideas on how to address the main challenges in achieving energy efficiency in district heating, as well as the priorities Latvia has been focusing on from 2014 up to 2020.
During the first day of the visit, the Danish delegation met important stakeholders of the district heating sector, such as: Fortum in Jelgava, Salaspils District Heating and Riga Siltums. During all meetings the delegation enjoyed a tour of the sites and participated in very concrete and fruitful work shops on production, transmission/distribution and consumer side.
The following day approx. 50 guests participated in the Latvian-Danish District Heating seminar which was opened by the Danish Ambassador Mr. Hans Brask and LSUA. Concluding the seminar, all the participants enjoyed the networking during the lunch hosted by the Danish Embassy. The presentations from the Danish participants can be downloaded below.
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=791 linktext=Kamstrup /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=793 linktext=MOE /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=792 linktext=FRICHS /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=796 linktext=’DESMI Punping Technology’ /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=795 linktext=’ATHCO Engineering’ /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=794 linktext=Grundfos /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=797 linktext=LOGSTOR /]
[wpfilebase tag=fileurl id=789 linktext=’Høje Taastrup Fjernvarme’ /]