- This event has passed.
Export promotion to Germany
10. October 2016 - 11. October 2016
Export promotion to Germany
According to the latest export survey by Cowi, Germany is the most important export marked for companies in the Danish district heating sector. Further Germany has for a long time been on the Trade Councils list of prioritised countries. The German Energie Wende in speeding up these years and Hamburg has great plans. In Germany, approximately 14% of all households are connected to district heating systems. The city of Hamburg stands out as a front runner in district heating. The city has a vast district heating network supplying 19% of all households. Politicians in charge have declared that the district heating infrastructure will continue to be expanded. The goal is to connect 50,000 additional households to the district heating network by year 2020, and to significantly increase the share of renewable energies in the energy mix. Adding to this, the city of Hamburg established in 2009 Hamburg Energie in an effort to “municipalise” the city’s district heating grids. Historically these grids have been owned by Vattenfall, and will now gradually be taken over by the public company Hamburg Energie. Another large project in Hamburg is the Hafen City Ddevelopment – please take a look in this white paper at page 15.
Based on these developments the Trade Council in Berlin (TC) has intensified the dialogue with the decision makers in the city of Hamburg, the local Ministry for Energy and Environment, Hamburg Energie, as well as with Vattenfall in Hamburg. All of these have indicated interest in dialogue with relevant Danish industry experts.
So, it is a great pleasure to be able to invite you to the district heating tour to Hamburg and North Germany October 10 – 11. This visit will enable energy practitioners from Hamburg and Denmark to exchange knowledge and engage in collaboration on building the future energy systems we need. Join the 2-day visit to update your knowledge on the status and future plans for district heating and storage solutions in Hamburg and Denmark, and take the opportunity to engage in a direct dialogue with partner companies. Please take a look at the few files attached to understand the developments in Hamburg.
Together with the Danish Embassy in Berlin, the Handelskammer in Hamburg and not least the City of Hamburg we are delighted to invite you to a 2 day event in North Germany. The program will build on our long-lasting relations to Hamburg. An overview of the proposed program (TBC):
- Monday October 10:
- Morning: Workshop with Hamburg Energie – future plans and involvement of Danish expertise
- Afternoon: “Hamburg – Danish District Heating Seminar” at IHK in Hamburg
- Evening: VIP dinner with invited guest hosted by the Danish Delegation
- Tuesday October 11:
- Site visits and workshops with local district heating companies. Flensburg, Vattenfall and others has shown an interest to meet with the Danish delegation.
You are most welcome to suggest which Stadtverke is most relevant to meet with and also your suggestion to whom to invite to the seminar will be appreciated.
Draft program for the seminar:
Senator Kersten, Senator für Umwelt und Energie der Freien und Hansestadt, will take part in the seminar and help in setting the scene for how Hamburg will develop in the future. We will make plenty of room for networking! The overall theme is renewable energy, new solutions and new technology.
The seminar will take place at the Chamber of Commerce in Hamburg.
- Introduction from Hamburg City, Senator Kersten, Senator für Umwelt und Energie der Freien und Hansestadt
- Welcome by Danish Ambassador, Hamburg Energie, Handelskammer Hamburg and DBDH
- Introduction to Danish participants – short presentation of each company
- Presentation from Danish district heating company – status and future plans
- New Danish solutions and technologies
- Presentation from local Stadtwerke– status and future plans
- Networking and match making
Price for this event:
The price for participation in the event is (per company):
- 8.500 DKK (ex. VAT) (one representative per company)
- 10.500 DKK (ex. VAT) (up to three representatives per company)
This trip is co-sponsored by the Danish Trade Council, hence the attractive prices.
Looking forward to a valuable tour to Hamburg – one of the most interesting export markets!