- This event has passed.
District Heating Study Tour to the Baltics
21. November 2022 - 23. November 2022
As an outcome of the district heating market focus on Latvia, we are pleased to offer you to participate in an interesting program for 3 days, which will cover not only Latvia - but also be a first-time move to look into Estonia.
The program is organized in close cooperation with The Danish Embassy in Riga and the District Heating Associations in Latvia and Estonia.
Please find the tentative program here, which will be opened by Ambassador Flemming Stender.
From Denmark, we are delighted that the Chairman of DBDH, Jørgen Nielsen, CEO of TVIS, has confirmed his participation. He will contribute by presenting the District Heating Trends in Denmark. The seminar in Riga and Tallinn is also an opportunity for you to fit in with short presentations related to the themes and participate in the B2B meetings.
Key areas of interest for Latvian DH companies:
- The district heating market in Denmark – 4th generation
- Managing and optimization of district heating networks
- Software solutions for demand-based district heating networks
- Energy efficiency for heat-only production units
- Smart technologies & software management systems for district heating companies
- Heat storage
- Solar district heating & financing
- Combination of solar & biomass
- Hydrogen & district heating
Among the participants on the Baltic side will be the Ministry of Economy and many district heating utilities. We expect around 50 participants in the seminars. The tour will also include site visits to some of Latvia's most important DH utilities: Salaspils Siltum, Latvenergo, Jelgava District Heating, and Tallin Utility in Estonia. In other words – if you are interested in the Baltic market, do not miss this opportunity!
The possibilities for Danish district heating technology and solutions are excellent in Latvia and Estonia, which have a large distribution of district heating systems. Authorities in Estonia and Latvia promote district heating as one of the most efficient options to achieve targets of increased energy efficiency, increased share of renewable energy, and reduction of CO2. The objective of Latvia's National Energy and Climate Plan 2021-2030 is to increase renewable energy in energy consumption to 50% by 2030. Estonia has more than 200 district heating companies that cover 60% of Estonia's heat demand. In both markets, there is an increased focus on green solutions and technology improvements in the district heating sector. Estonia and Latvia receive funding for the district heating sector through the EU Recovery and Resilience Facility Funds. Focus areas in the Baltic district heating sector will be infrastructure expansion, a connection of decentralized customers, sustainable energy resources and technologies, digitalization, synergy with industries, and heat storage. All areas speak to the Danish district heating sector and therefore create good opportunities for Danish exporters and consultants in the district heating sector.
- Unique networking with highly relevant stakeholders in both Latvia & Estonia
- Unique networking with the District Heating Associations
- Knowledge transfer of Danish district heating know-how and solutions
- Hands-on experience from Latvia & Estonia by meeting with DH companies & municipalities
- Direct access to management-level planning investments
- Networking dinner with Latvian stakeholders
- Presentation at a seminar and round table meetings
- Site visits to DH utilities
- All planning & coordination by Danish Embassy and DBDH
- Domestic transfers in Latvia & Estonia
DKK 10,950 ex. VAT per company
The price is based on co-financing by The Danish Export Trade Council, which means it is required to fill out a "Virksomhedsskema."
Do you want to join?
Please, send Pia Zimmermann a mail at email@example.com - the sooner, the better.
Deadline for signing up: 21 October 2022