9th biannual conference – Serbian-Danish District Heating Days in Vrnjačka Banja
18 April - 20 April
Will you join us at the 9th biannual district heating event in Serbia - addressing the green agenda through district heating?
Over the years, DBDH has built a valuable relationship with the Serbian district heating association: SERBSKA TOPLA (TOPS), which opens access to the political level and important decision-makers in the Serbian sector for district heating.
We are pleased to invite you to join the 9th bi-annual event arranged in cooperation with TOPS!
District heating in Serbia remains heavily carbon dependent. Gas powers 80-90% of district heating’s total energy consumption. Most of the remaining energy is also obtained from carbon-based sources with limited cogeneration and renewables. However, with the latest developments in European energy markets and price uncertainties - as long-term gas supply agreements expire - Serbia’s push towards more energy and operational efficiency is heating up – both on the production and consumption side.
Serbia - in its aspirations to advance its green agenda and commitments made to the EU - is a growing market with an increasing understanding of the importance of energy efficiency and air pollution.
Serbia is a partner country implementing several European and international initiatives to improve energy efficiency. Local funds for energy efficiency are set up, and the first projects have been rolled out to improve the public sector’s energy efficiency. This represents opportunities for Danish companies involved in district heating. Implementing these measures and policies is, to some extent, done through district heating companies.
TOPS now has over 70 members from all over Serbia, and the twenty largest district heating companies combined have about €400M of annual turnover with 3600 employees combined. Many of them are in the process of expansion, and some are more actively looking into cogeneration and renewables as solutions. On our ninth biannual gathering in 2023, we will have an opportunity to talk with decision-makers and technical people of district heating companies and Serbian government officials on subjects concerning the improvement of the operation of district heating systems in Serbia.
Who will you meet?
The two-day event in Serbia is a top-level meeting with decision-makers and technical staff of all relevant district heating companies in Serbia. Among the invited participants are government officials underlining the importance of topics and international financial institutions capable of financing promising projects and initiatives.
The district heating sector in Serbia wishes to benefit from cooperation with Danish companies concerning Danish know-how and technologies. The bi-annual event brings together the Serbian and Danish district heating sectors and creates new possibilities for all.
• Meeting more than 70 participants representing managers of Serbian Heating plants and leaders and decision-makers in Serbian municipalities.
• Meeting members of the Serbian Ministry of Energy (will be invited).
• Getting complete access to the district heating and utility sector and the regions that are members of TOPS.
• Presenting your technology and solutions during the seminar
• Participation in a workshop between Danish companies and the Serbian district heating sector
• unique possibilities for networking during both professional and social parts of the District Heating Days.
• Networking social event with visit to Žiča monastery and Gala Dinner arranged by TOPS.
• List with contact details of all participants of the event
• Transfer from Belgrade to Vrnjačka Banja and return
• Individual traveling – transfer from Belgrade
• Check-in at the Zepter Hotel, https://zepterhotelvbanja.com
• Informal dinner with members of TOPS
• Seminar opening by officials District Heating seminar with presentations by Danish utility experts and Danish DH industry
• Workshops between district heating sector in Serbia and Denmark
• Site event arranged by TOPS to Žiča monastery, a Serbian medieval monastery from the first half of the 13th century
• Gala Dinner
• Breakfast before check-out
• Individual traveling – transfer to Belgrade
Pia Zimmermann, Export Manager
+45 29 26 03 80 firstname.lastname@example.org
We have excellent support from the Danish Trade Council, so we can offer a really attractive price for participating in this program.
The price is DKK 16,000 ex. VAT per company including one person. Extra persons will pay DKK 2,000 ex. VAT
The price is based on co-financing by the Danish Trade Council, which means your company must sign the Trade Council’s virksomhedsskema and can receive support under the EU “de minimis” rules.
Deadline and conditions
If you wish to reserve your place in the event, please sign up by emailing email@example.com at - the latest 6 March 2023.