In cooperation with the Danish Embassy in Riga, we hereby take pleasure in inviting you to take part in Danish District Heating Days in Latvia, 10-11 December, 2013.
Ambassador Per Carlsen will be head of the event, which is based on the National Development Plan of Latvia 2014-2020 and on activities proposed by the Latvian Ministry of Economics on allocation of EU funds for energy efficiency measures in district heating (DH) systems. Preliminary measures of EU funds allocate more than 53 million EUR to District Heating.
The event will provide Danish companies with a unique possibility to introduce their technologies, knowhow, solutions, and services to the relevant target groups prior to the start of the application
process for EU funds in 2014-2020, and will pave the way for Danish companies to take part in projects regarding District Heating in Latvia.
The event will run for two days, with the following preliminary program:
• Arrival to Riga by Baltic Air/similar
• Meeting with Ministry of Economics: EU Funds for District Heating Systems and possibilities for Danish companies to be involved in EU financed projects.
• Lunch (at own expense)
• Meeting with ‘’Rigas siltums’’. JSC Rigas Siltums is the main heat supplier of Riga. The Company is engaged in production, distribution and sale of thermal energy, and also ensures technical maintenance of inner heat supply systems in buildings. The Joint Stock Company Rigas Siltums manages and distributes 76% of the thermal energy in the city of Riga. 77% of the thermal energy is used for heating of residential houses and for preparation of domestic hot water. Total length of city´s heating network is about 900 km, 72% of which are owned by the JSC Rigas Siltums.
• Meeting e.g. ‘’Jelgavas Siltums’’ located 1 h drive from Riga or another Municipal company
• Individual visits to municipalities, municipal enterprises, energy companies, institutions, the Ministry of Economics etc. – to be specified by the Danish participants
• Dinner (hosted by the Danish Embassy for the Danish delegation and key persons from Latvia DH sector)
• Registration for seminar
• Welcome speech by Ambassador Per Carlsen
• Welcome speech by the President of DBDH
• Company presentations of app. 20 minutes per company
• B2B-meetings between Danish companies and Latvian municipalities, enterprises, institutions, etc.
• Departure by Baltic Air
The Danish Embassy in Riga has been granted resources to execute the event, which means the price for participation is very attractive at DKK 6,500 per company (excluding flight and accommodation). Please sign up before 31st October by using the REGISTRATION FORM.
Binding registration Latvia 10 & 11 December.pdf
DH DAys in Latvia 10 & 11 December.pdf
Draft Program 10 & 11 December.pdf