The assembly ban was complied with when Rambøll held the country's largest birthday party for a total of 16,500 employees in 35 countries. The party, which was held digitally via a live transmission from Copenhagen, marked the two Danish founders Børge Rambøll and Johan G. Hannemann and their mission to develop engineering solutions for the benefit of people and society.
Ramboll has been through a major growth journey over the past 75 years. From being a small Danish engineering company in 1945 to a global architectural, engineering and consulting company today. The international DNA was clear, when Rambøll on Monday held the country's largest digital birthday event via a live transmission to 16,000 employees in 35 countries.
Here, Rambøll's two Danish founders, Børge Rambøll and Johan G. Hannemann, were celebrated for founding a company whose mission was to develop and rebuild Denmark after the war in 1945. Today, 75 years after the foundation, the mission continues to live on, now with focus on developing sustainable communities. This was also emphasized by Rambøll Denmark's director, Ib Enevoldsen, who elaborated on the company's development:
“Rambøll has helped to shape Denmark and the world around us. We have helped to transform the energy sector, create new transport infrastructure, build hospitals, research facilities and climate-friendly cities. And our ability to combine engineering knowledge, architecture and consulting and work across disciplines and national borders strengthens our place in the market, ”says Ib Enevoldsen.
“It has always been central for us to provide answers to the great challenges that the present offers. During the corona crisis, for example, we have designed buildings where residents can avoid infection, as it is not necessary to touch the surfaces. And right now we are experiencing an increasing demand for advice in environmental issues, air quality and indoor climate. We are proud to be part of the solution to the major societal problems, and will continue to be so for the next many years, ”says CEO of Rambøll Denmark, Ib Enevoldsen.
Some of the highlights of Ramboll's 75 years of history:
• 1945 Rambøll was founded by the two Danish engineers Børge Rambøll and Johan Hannemann. They looked beyond bombed-out Copenhagen and wanted to do something good for society
• 1969 First foreign fairy tale in Tunisia about steel structures
• 1991 Acquisition of the Danish consulting company B. Højlund Rasmussen (200 employees)
• 2003 (4,000 employees in Rambøll) Acquisition of the Scandinavian and internationally oriented competitor Scandiaconsult based in Sweden
• 2015 (12,300 employees in Rambøll) Rambøll crosses the Atlantic and takes over the USA with the acquisition of the global environmental consulting house ENVIRON (1,500 employees) - here Rambøll becomes among the top 10 in the world among environmental consulting houses
• 2018 Rambøll acquires the consulting house OBG in the USA (900 employees)
• 2019 The USA will be Ramboll's largest market in terms of earnings, but still the most employees in Denmark
• 2020 (16,000 employees) Rambøll buys Web Structures in the USA and Henning Larsen. Is currently present in 35 countries.
Ramboll's revenues have increased in line with global adventure
• 2019: 14,189 billion. dkk
• 2018: 11,351 billion. dkk
• 2017: 10,740 billion. dkk
• 2016: 10,607 billion. dkk
• 2015: 10,589 billion. dkk
• 2014: 8,291 billion. dkk
More than half of Ramboll's activities now contribute positively to the UN's world goals
• In 2016, Rambøll began measuring how all activities contribute positively to the UN's world goals.
• In 2019, 59 percent of Ramboll's business, or 8,409 billion, contributed to the UN's global goals. That is an increase of 57 percent compared to 2016.
Rambøll is a leading international engineering, architectural and consulting company founded in Denmark in 1945. Today, Rambøll employs over 16,000 people and has a global presence with a strong representation in the Nordic countries, the United Kingdom, North America, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. With 300 offices in 35 countries, Rambøll combines local experience with global knowledge to deliver inspiring solutions that make a difference for customers, end users and society as a whole. Rambøll works in the areas of: Construction, transport, environment, water, energy and management consulting. Read more at www.ramboll.dk. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.