DBDH WELCOMES YOU
DBDH is Denmark’s leading district heating export organisation.
DBDH’s mission is to promote district energy for a sustainable city transformation. We represent the leading actors of the district energy sector, and identify, inform and facilitate partnerships between our members and partners in more than 50 countries. Through co-operation, DBDH strengthens the export of Danish technology and knowledge, consequently providing a brighter future for the environment globally while creating jobs and growth.
Globally there is an enormous amount of energy loss caused by inefficient power plants and distribution. In Europe, the energy waste is equivalent to 1000 euros per EU citizen annually. DHC (district heating and cooling) is an energy efficient technology that effectively reduces this waste. At the same time it is economically advantageous, environmentally safe and extremely reliable.
Denmark has accumulated know-how through more than 100 years of experience in district heating systems, ranging from energy planning, renewable energy and surplus energy, which results in today´s most efficient combined heat and power technology. DBDH wishes to share this experience worldwide as well as serving the interest of the industry at a local level.
We invite you to learn from our members by participating in our activities and by inviting us to participate in your events. Do you have an interest in learning more about the worlds most advanced DHC system, we also invite you to visit Denmark and we will help you with a relevant program for your visit.
To learn more about the Danish experience, expertise and knowledge with DHC, please view this page.
Chairman: Lars Gullev, Managing Director at VEKS
Members and partners
For 35 years, DBDH has established an international network platform from which our members benefit. Diplomatic channels and sector specific contacts provide us with unique local knowledge, trust and partnerships. Through numerous export promotions every year, we create new business opportunities for our members. In addition, DBDH attends and arranges conferences, seminars and exhibitions to create awareness on DHC.
Our exceptional network include equipment suppliers, turnkey suppliers, automation suppliers, consulting engineers and utilities completing the circle of knowledge. You can find a complete list of our members here.
DBDH facilitates cooperation with other national DHC organizations in countries and geographic areas selected by our members. This is a crucial step mitigating possibilities for our members in relation to export and penetrating markets. DBDH raises awareness of Danish expertise in DHC, and as an organization, we are a well-respected business partner in markets abroad. In new markets such as Eastern Europe, new DHC organizations are established. As our members gain interest in these countries and regions, DBDH establishes cooperation with relevant organizations.
DBDH has signed formal agreements of cooperation in these countries:
Hot Cool Magazine
To promote and create awareness of new DHC solution DBDH publishes the magazine Hot Cool. We reach more than 7,000 readers in over 50 countries. Hot Cool presents state-of-the-art district heating and cooling technology in all its aspects through articles written by experienced professionals. In this way, Hot Cool informs and updates its readers on the latest ideas and developments in the sector.
Visit this page to view og download Hot Cool Magazine
Membership of DBDH
DBDH promotes district heating and district cooling both locally and internationally. A membership offers value for members through networking and activities such as export promotions, member meetings and conferences creating new business opportunities. As a member, your company benefits from:
• 4 annual members meetings with export relevant content and a forum for informal discussions with the member companies.
• The possibility of presenting the company at a members meeting
• An annual general assembly which takes place at varying political parties at Christiansborg and a relevant energy political presentation
• Other ad hoc member arrangements, such as after-work meetings, visits by politicians etc.
• Opportunity to submit company specific news directly through monthly newsletter and our website to which 2-3 news is uploaded on a daily basis
• Joint participation in export drives directly targeted at the district heating sector on both the local and the international markets. Frequent participation by the Energy Agency and utilites, the export drives are “rubber-stamped” abroad. Likewise, the official Denmark is often participating w/ambassador, minister etc.
• Influence on priority of the markets
• Focus groups and knowledge sharing among the members, targeted specific markets or technology, including increased focus on concrete projects in cities and regions
• Contact to national district heating associations at the export markets through DBDH’s cooperation with these
• Company profile in HOT|COOL in the first edition after entry in the organization
• The opportunity to publish articles about relevant cases/technology in HOT|COOL
• The possibility of participating in delegation visits to Denmark from the export markets
• A visible organisation that promotes the interests of the industry in Denmark
• Attention to the terms and conditions for export of Danish district heating technology and consultancy
• Attention to the framework for district cooling
• A network of like-minded utilities, which means that know-how can be exchanged quickly
• A possibility of being able to offer staff who are interested the possibility of partly representing the company to foreign delegation and partly to let the employees take part in export promoting activities – either as support to commercial companies or as profit-making activities. This increases employee contentment.
• A possibility of maintaining and/or attract staff that are interested in working with district heating in a broader sense nationally as well internationally.
• Many international requests which mean that the utility is given new district heating knowledge but is forced to consider why we do as we do?
Please contact us if you wish to become a member or to hear more about DBDH at firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 8893 9150